Session 1: The calamity – has it already passed?
- Bark beetles/Ophiostomatoid fungi/Norway spruce interactions in the Extemit-K research. Can our findings bring practical outputs for forestry? Anna Jirošová, Roman Modlinger, Blanka Kalinová, Amit Roy, Rastislav Jakuš, Fredrik Schlyter, Marek Turčáni
- Primary and secondary Ips typographus attacks on Norway spruce depend on host tree crown characteristics and phenolic-based defences, Nataliya Korolyova, Arne Buechling, François Lieutier, Annie Yart, Pavel Cudlín, Marek Turčáni and Rastislav Jakuš 4
- Current spruce bark beetle calamity in the Czech Republic – year by year, Jan Lubojacký, Miloš Knížek
- Vegetation index monitoring of bark beetle attack in Norway spruce forests of Central Europe using Planet Multispectral Imagery, Aleksei Trubin, Giorgi Kozhoridze, Khodabakhsh Zabihi, Vivek Vikram Singh, Peter Surový, Rastislav Jakuš
- Successful development of the European spruce bark beetle Ips typographus on Scots pine, Adam Véle, Jan Liška, René Kopáč, Miloš Knížek
Session 2: Ecology of post-disturbance areas – can we document negative effect of bark beetle outbreak on C sequestration, hydrology, soil erosion, biodiversity?
- Deforestation of small catchment and impact on water regime – project introduction, Kateřina Neudertová Hellebrandová, Vít Šrámek, Věra Fadrhonsová
- Impact of deforestation on carbon sequestration, nutrient balance and risk elements mobility – project introduction, Novotný, R., Šrámek, V., Fadrhonsová, V., Valtera, M., Tejnecký, V.
- Integrated forestry-ecological research of rare mountain forests in the Tatra Mts. area, Zuzana Sitková, Pavel Pavlenda, Ivan Barka, Vladimír Šebeň
Session 3: Reproductive sources – are they sufficient in amount and species structure? Should we use non-native/introduced species?
- Conservation of valuable remaining populations of Norway spruce in interest areas of the Czech Republic, Martin Fulín, Josef Cafourek, Jaroslav Dostál, Petr Novotný, Jiří Čáp, Helena Cvrčková, Pavlína Máchová
- Use of DNA analyzes for verifying the declared origin of Forest Reproductive Material, Pavlína Máchová, Helena Cvrčková, Olga Trčková, Kateřina Vítová
- Artificial forest renewal from a forest reproductive material availability perspective, Alžběta Pařízková
Session 4: Silviculture – what kind of forest we want to have? How to start and continue on clear-cut area?
- Implementation of innovative forest regeneration procedures on large-scale clearings with regard to the support of biodiversity and increasing the functionality of forest ecosystems, Monika Vejpustková, Jan Leugner, Štěpán Lukeš
Session 5: Economy and Forest Policy – what are needs of forest owners and wishes of the public? Are the calamity consequences reflected on European level?
- Preparedness for emerging forest pest risks in Finland (PREPARE), Päivi Lyytikäinen-Saarenmaa, Risto Päivinen, Varpu Kuutti, Henry Schneider, Tiina Ylioja, Markus Melin, Riikka Linnakoski, Matti Koivula, Laura Carrasco, Davide Cirillo, Tatiana Kochubeeva, Roberta Aralla, Gernot Hoch & Maarten De Groot
- Impact of bark beetle calamity on forests owners in the Czech Republic, Jiří Novák, Dušan Kacálek, Martin Fojt, Jiří Remeš