Experts of the dept. assess and evaluate development of the forest stands in imission regions of CR and investigate the causes of forest damage.
They are responsible for monitoring of forest state in the Czech Republic within the international cooperative program ICP Forests (NFC).
They solve the problems connected to disturbances in stability of the forest ecosystems, caused by misbalanced nutrition, long-term anthropogenic load, mainly air pollution, and climate changes. For actual dendroecological topics there is a dendrochronological lab.
They take part in organizing and control of ameliorative measures applied in damaged regions – liming and fertilizing of the forest stands.
Within the research watersheds they solve problems connected to quality and quantity of runoff to water sources.
Within consultation activity they provide service to the small forest owners in the field of tree nutrition and anthropogenic damage to the forest stands.
Head of the department: Dr. Vít ŠRÁMEK, Ph.D. stand-in Dr. Kateřina NEUDERTOVÁ HELLEBRANDOVÁ, Ph.D.
Dislocated working places: Frýdek-Místek (Northern Moravia) and Pelhřimov (Czech-Moravian highlands).
History of department
Monitoring of the forest ecosystems
- Monitoring of forest state, FutMon project
- Monitoring of foreign substances in the forest ecosystems
Forest soil, tree nutrition
- forest soil characteristic (FORSOIL project), nutrition of forest tree species
- forest stand effect on physical and chemical characteristics of soil
- soil amelioration in degraded sites, liming and fertilizing of the forest stands
- air pollution effect on the forest stands
- measuring of air pollution and deposition
- assessment of forest health state
- development of hydrological effect of small mountain watersheds
- long-term investigation of the forest ecosystem and hydrological regime relationships
- assessment of water quality in the forest ecosystems
- expert and consultation activity for the forest owners in the filed of causes of forest amage by direct and indirect effect of air pollution and other anthropogenic activities
- expert and consultation activity in the field of hydrological functions of forests